R&D Electrical Engineering co-op- Spring 2024
Are you an early career electrical engineer looking for an exciting co-op opportunity in the healthcare industry, working on technology that can have a positive impact for millions of people? Do you love to face difficult problems head on, and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, we would love to speak with you about a Spring 2024 co-op opportunity at Casana.
We are looking for an entry level engineer to support advanced development of a unique cardiovascular monitoring system and early-stage R&D for future IoT medical devices. Your efforts will help us revolutionize home health care with products that are clinically validated, optimize the efforts of clinicians managing patients with chronic disease, and meet FDA regulatory requirements. You must be a hands-on team player with strong technical skills, have exceptional attention to detail, be about technology innovation, and be determined to stretch and expand your abilities. This position is full time for the Spring 2024 Semester and based in Rochester, NY. You must be able to work 40 hours per week in our Rochester office during this timeframe. Compensation for this position is $23.00 per hour.
- Utilize engineering principles to support development of medical devices.
- Assist in design, and implement characterization and testing procedures.
- Develop, test and debug prototype hardware to include circuit board schematic and layout, material procurement and prototype fabrication.
- Document test procedures and test results.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
Required Skills and Experience
- A 3rd, 4th or 5th year student, currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team, and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to seamlessly integrate theory with empirical data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and analysis.
- Experience operating laboratory test equipment.
- Exceptional attention to detail in calculations, hands-on experimentation, and documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience utilizing oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, battery simulators and function generators.
- Experience with Altium for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience generating technical specifications, technical reports, and test procedures.
- Experience performing functional, environmental and compliance testing.
- Familiar with programming embedded systems such as Arduino / Raspberry Pi
Casana is revolutionizing home healthcare by creating clinical-grade technology that unobtrusively checks a person’s health. Backed by a top-ranked VC and led by a CEO who founded and led a tech unicorn to a successful IPO, Casana is designing and building the home-health platform of the future. We are seeking bright, driven candidates to join our team.
Casana creates technologies that enable healthcare in the home. Casana has created a toilet seat-based cardiovascular monitoring system that is self-contained, cloud-connected, and installs directly on a standard toilet. The Heart Seat requires no user behavior change and is capable of capturing multiple key clinically relevant measurements, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation and cardiac output.