Personal information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Personal identifiers: Name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers, username and password, information related to customer reviews, IP address;
- Health information: Height, weight, vital signs, other body measurements, sensor data from the Heart Seat, and other health data related to your use of the Services;
- Biographical and demographic information: Date of birth, sex/gender, and other information regarding interests or preferences you upload to your account;
- Commercial and financial information: Records of products ordered and payment information;
- Internet or other electronic activity information: Your device and browser type, your browsing and search history on our website, and information regarding your interaction with our website and our advertisements;
- Audio and visual information: Images, audio, video, and any metadata associated with the files you upload to your account; and
- Inferences drawn from personal information we collect
Sources From Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you, your physician or healthcare professional, your health plan, and other third-party sources that you interact with (for example, social media platforms, marketing partners, or a business partner that you may have told you were interested in our product).
Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral if you have permission to provide the referral’s contact information to us so that we may contact them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide our services
- Communicate with you, including by sending announcements, updates or security alerts, and other support or administrative messages
- Research and develop our services
- Respond to your inquiries
- Market or advertise our services
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose the above categories of personal information with the following parties:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, payment processors, professional advisors, customer support, clinical support, installation support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Healthcare-related entities. We may share your data with healthcare-related entities such as pharmacies, physicians, clinical research organizations, researchers and healthcare institutions.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Casana or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties or the public on or through our Service, that information can be seen, collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any use of such information by others.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information (including health data):
- Delete personal information we have collected from you. Upon your request and subject to exceptions in the law, we will delete the personal information we have collected from you, and notify our affiliates, processors, contractors, and other third parties with whom we shared your personal information of the deletion request.
- Access or correct personal information we hold about you. You have the right to access or request that we correct personal information we hold that you believe is not accurate. We will take steps to determine the accuracy of the personal information that is the subject of your request to correct, and in doing so will consider the totality of the circumstances relating to the personal information you have identified as being incorrect. We may ask that you provide documentation regarding your request to access or correct to assist us in evaluating the request.
To exercise your rights to know, delete or correct your personal information, or to ask a question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
California Shine the Light. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits California residents to annually request, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Do not track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. We must collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites, applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We use technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
As a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Service, and we do not collect personal information from them. We consider “children” as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
150 Metro Park, Suite A, Rochester, NY 14623